Support efficient and flexible pathways to earning high-value credentials linked to high-wage, in-demand jobs.
Identify students’ most efficient paths to attaining high-value credentials by:
- Aligning training programs and associated credentials with in-demand, high-wage industries;
- Mapping clear pathways to high-value credentials for all Texans, including veterans, incumbent and dislocated workers, and youth involved with the justice system;
- Improving alignment across secondary and postsecondary CTE pathways; and
- Creating clear on- and off-ramps for pathways through expanded credit and credential portability.
Strengthen and streamline collaboration among key education and workforce system stakeholders who are developing pathways at the regional level by:
- Integrating state strategies and supports for regional collaboration; and
- Leveraging existing structures to better connect regional education and workforce systems.
Expand opportunities for work-based learning experiences by:
- Accelerating the development of high-quality work-based learning experiences that provide participants with meaningful opportunities; and
- Supporting engagement by industry partners.