Ensure students receive the supports necessary to succeed at all stages of their educations and in their transitions to the workforce.
Ensure students and families have the support, tools, and resources needed to achieve education and career success by:
- Supporting early childhood education, foundational literacy pedagogy, and high school and postsecondary readiness in middle school; and
- Designing effective family engagement strategies.
Expand access to effective college and career advising by:
- Streamlining and modernizing advising offerings and services for students to support informed decision-making about postsecondary education and careers; and
- Offering professional development to educators and guidance counselors on advising services.
Reduce financial barriers in education by:
- Addressing gaps such as broadband internet and early child care;
- Refining the Texas financial aid system; and
- Providing financial supports to Texans who pursue careers in teaching.